I advocate using a Facebook Business or ‘Fan’ PAGE to promote your business, but it can be difficult to promote this with the long URL or ‘Link’ Facebook gives you when you create your Page.
I’m often asked “How can I create a custom URL for my Facebook Fan Page to use in promotions?”
I’ve outlined the steps required (below) but it’s one of those things that is super easy to do once you have seen it done before. So, I created a video to show you how to change your Facebook page URL to a neat, short professional looking website name like ours at:
The Video shows you step by step exactly what to do….
Steps to set-up custom URL for your Facebook Business or Fan Page:
1. You need to be logged into your Facebook account.
2. If you have at least 25 fans (people that like your page), you can set a custom username/URL
3. Go to http://www.facebook.com/username/
4. Select the page or account from the pulldown menu that you want to set URL for
5. Type the custom URL name you’ve selected into the box and check availability (Chose carefully as this cannot be changed once set)
6. Save Page URL name.
Your Facebook Page URL will now be http://www.Facebook.com/YourChosenName
Feel free to share your page address here once you have done this
And give us a shout out on our Facebook page at :
or at Twitter:
I spend a lot of time on Social Media Marketing ( I love it) but you do have to balance the time you spend on Social Media with the business outcome you receive for your efforts.
By integrating my Social Media Networks and Bookmarking sites I can distribute a single piece of content across multiple sites with the ‘push of a button’.
Watch the video to see step by step what tools I use and how to set this up to get maximum exposure for your information across social media sites with the minimum time investment ….
As always, if you found this video helpful, share far and wide with your networks/friends – simply hit the “Like” “Retweet” or “share” buttons.
After all it feels good to share